"Giving A Hand Up, Not A Hand Out"
The Bread of Life Rescue Mission is a non-profit organization, community supported program accepting no State or Federal funding. The Mission's contributors are the Christian Community of Cumberland County, Tennessee.
Donations are tax deductible 501(c)(3).
The Mission Provides
- Emergency shelter for displaced families and individuals.
- Transitional housing for homeless families, veterans, personal and natural disaster victims.
- Emergency food assistance to anyone; free medical care for the uninsured.
- Substance abuse placement and advocacy with the local court system and Biblical counseling.
- Free clothing to those in need; free household items for those starting over.
- Emergency help with rent, utility bills, burial and emergency travel needs.
- Special help through the holidays to needy families.
- State approved transitional housing.
- Spiritual help, Christian services.
- The Bread of Life Rescue Mission provides Free of charge hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, for an abundant life on earth and an eternal life with Him in heaven.
The Mission's purpose is glorifying God through the salvation of souls and rehabilitation of individuals, providing temporary shelter, medical attention, and food for the homeless and transient, conducting interdenominational services daily and educating and rehabilitating those seeking help out of life on the streets.